Turkey Leftover Recipes
Easiest Turkey Meal Ever!
2 cups diced, cooked turkey
1 can of your favourite condensed cream soup (chicken or mushroom would be good)
2 cups leftover stuffing
Place the turkey in a greased casserole dish. Spread the soup over the turkey, and top with the stuffing. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Serves 4
Delicious Turkey Enchiladas
3-4 cups diced, cooked turkey
8oz. cream cheese
60ml or 1/4 cup sour cream
1-2 bunches chopped green onions (optional)
1 chopped green pepper (optional)
3-4 cups grated monterey cheese and cheddar cheese
1 large jar of enchilada sauce
1. Combine cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in turkey, onions and green pepper.
2. Soften the tortillas according to the package directions. Spoon the turkey mixture onto a tortilla, and top that with a small hand full of cheese. Roll up the tortilla, with the ends open. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
3. Place rolled tortillas in a greased baking dish. Pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 220°C (425°F) mark 7 for about 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Turkey, Ham & Leek Pie
litre turkey/chicken stock
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon English mustard
350g cooked turkey or chicken cut into chunks or strips
125g cooked ham cut into chunks
6 leeks, cleaned and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 lightly beaten egg
200g ready make shortcrust Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) mark 7.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy based pan and add the flour off the heat. 3. Slowly whisk in the turkey stock and cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time until the sauce is smooth. Season well and add the mustard.
4. Place the turkey pieces, ham and leeks in the bottom of an oval pie dish, sprinkle with the fresh parsley and pour over the sauce.
5. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cover the pie dish with the pastry.
6. Brush the top of the pastry with a little beaten egg and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. After this time reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F) mark 4 and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Great for Babies – Meat & Two Veg Cheesy Mash
1/2 cup cooked diced chicken or turkey
2 medium sweet potato
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1/4 cup grated cheddar or colby cheese
1. Peel and dice the sweet potato and carrots
2. Boil, steam or bake the potato and carrots until tender. Mash the sweet potato and carrots and then add the cheese; mash some more.
3. Add the chicken or turkey and then chop, mash or puree as needed for your baby.