1 x small onion diced
1 x clove of garlic chopped small
1 x table spoon of parsley chopped s
1 x red pepper
4-6 chicken thighs
50 gms frozen peas
Small tin of chopped toms
Mixture of mussels, squid, scallops, prawns
2 cups of long grain rice
Chicken stock – 21/2 cups per cup of rice
Pinch of saffron
1. Dice your onion and red pepper, chop garlic and parsley. If chicken is on the bone or thighs are large chop in half.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat fry onion and pepper for 3-4 mins
3. Add garlic and parsley fry for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add chicken and fry until golden and cooked through
5. Add tin of tomatoes
6. Add peas and fish and fry for a further 4 mins.
7. Add rice, mix well then add 2 cups of chicken stock, simmer until enough room to add more stock. Add saffron and season to taste.
8. Taste rice for firmness, when cooked remove from hob and cover frying pan with a clean tea towel for 10 mins.
9. Serve and enjoy!