Computer Classes and Touch Typing for Children
Touch typing courses for children of all ages and abilities. Teaching centers and online courses available.
‘All children should learn to touch type’ Daily Telegraph ....
- Close to London
- Suitable for anyone in the family - ages 7 - 107
- Uses several types of software to meet all needs.
- Courses run for four mornings. Cost £215. Family & early booking discounts
- Relaxed stress free holiday course
- Teacher is a qualified special needs tutor and typing trainer
- Recommended by the Richmond Dyslexic Association but suitable for anyone
- Visit the website below for further details
- Private tuition for students with learning difficulties, 11+ and up to 18 also available
At Regent Learning, we create confident, independent learners by discovering and targeting the causes of academic frustrations and focusing on understanding and retention through repetition to achieve academic success.
We are a division of Regent Group, a group which specialises in the Educational Sector. Regent Learning acts as a partner in your child’s learning in English, Maths and the Sciences. We believe that we are part of a triangular alliance to ensure that your child reaches their full potential.
- Primary for Ages 3-11
- Year 6 SATS for ages 10-11
- Key Stage 3 for ages 11-14
- GCSE Preparation for ages 14-16
- ICT Program for ages 5-16
- One-to-One Tuition for ages 16-18
- 11+ Independent School Entrance Exam Programme for ages 3-13
- 11+ Grammar School Entrance Exam Programme for ages 8-11
- Oxbridge Application Program
- Holiday School for ages 3+
Harrow Branch: 167 Imperial Drive, Harrow. Tel: 020 8966 9900
Edgware Branch: Boundary House, 2 Turner Road, Edgware. Tel: 020 8951 6140
Wembley Branch: Madison House, 24-28 London Road, Wembley. Tel:020 8090 3390
Type IT! specialises in teaching children aged 8 – 18 years and adults to touch type. Touch typing frees the brain to be creative and speeds up the process of getting your ideas and thoughts into a document. It will help children and students to complete their homework and coursework in super-quick time.
“By learning to touch type, students can increase their writing speed between 2 and 5 times, making it a skill that will improve their productivity for school, college, university and the world of work. Learning at a young age is important before the bad habits creep in.” Wendy Petersen is the Course Director for Type IT!
- Lessons follow the National Literacy Strategy
- Boosts confidence and self esteem
- Fun motivational games
- Ideal for children with Dyslexia/Dyspraxia
- Small groups – max 4 students per class
- Holiday courses and family sessions
For further information see our website:
Futurekids136 Comiston Road, Edinburgh EH10 5QN
Futurekids teaches children from 4 years old and adults computer literacy through an innovative, proprietary computer curriculum.
Teaching 10 core ICT skills, the Futurekids program is comprehensive, fun, 'thematic' and project driven, encouraging creativity and imagination. The curriculum is designed to meet the requirements of the UK National Curriculum for ICT and is recommended by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate. From basic to advance programs - Futurekids teaches children with any level of ability, teaching real skills to benefit schoolwork!
We also run fun courses during school holidays.
Futurekids courses can lead to OCR and ECDL certifications.
Fire Tech Camp is a leading provider of computer tech holiday camps in the UK. They currently provide week-long daycamps during school holidays and one-off day-long workshops, with camps in South Kensington in London, Manchester, Bristol and Brighton. There are courses available for all ages between 9 and 18.
Bringing together technology, innovation and creativity, Fire Tech Camp teach children and teenagers the skills to build apps, games, robots, code and other cutting-edge technologies.
Video Game Design - Love video games? Build your own!
Robotics - Design, engineer and construct a robot with LEGO Mindstorms.
Physical Computing with Arduino - Bringing together coding and Arduino hardware to construct cyber-physical systems.
Coding with Python or Java - Begin coding your first programmes!
Stop Motion and 2D Animation - Learn the principles of animation and apply them to the art of storytelling.
3D Animation - The complete package for the budding filmmaker, using Moviestorm to create your own videos.
World Building With Minecraft - Take your world to the next level with advanced mapping and 3D design techniques.
Digital Music Production - Use leading software to mix your own sounds and produce your own tracks.
Courses are led by expert trainers and are designed to inspire young people to take tech further and realise their own creativity. Parents are invited to share in their children's projects and activities at the end of the week-long camps.
Give your child the tools to build something amazing, make new friends and stretch their horizons!