Computer Classes and Touch Typing for Children
Touch typing courses for children of all ages and abilities. Teaching centers and online courses available.
‘All children should learn to touch type’ Daily Telegraph ....
- Close to London
- Suitable for anyone in the family - ages 7 - 107
- Uses several types of software to meet all needs.
- Courses run for four mornings. Cost £215. Family & early booking discounts
- Relaxed stress free holiday course
- Teacher is a qualified special needs tutor and typing trainer
- Recommended by the Richmond Dyslexic Association but suitable for anyone
- Visit the website below for further details
- Private tuition for students with learning difficulties, 11+ and up to 18 also available
Bright Young Things is a nationally recognised tuition provider for children of all ages and abilities. We specialise in small group tuition in the core subjects; maths, English and science.
- Small classes (4-5 student per group) means each student gets individual support
- Revision courses for GCSE & A Level
- Prepare students for entrance exams such as the 11+ and 13+ (97% of our students succeed in securing a place at a school of their choice)
- Fully qualified experienced teachers deliver lessons in a fun and engaging manner
- Each child is individually assessed for tailored program to suit their needs
- Touch typing courses now available helping numeracy and literacy learning targets
We compliment your child’s school education by reinforcing core skills such as problem solving, logical thinking, analytical and language skills across the subject range. Our goal is to help students develop an inquisitive mind and go beyond the textbook in order to become independent learners.
Please contact each centre for more information or visit our website:
At Regent Learning, we create confident, independent learners by discovering and targeting the causes of academic frustrations and focusing on understanding and retention through repetition to achieve academic success.
We are a division of Regent Group, a group which specialises in the Educational Sector. Regent Learning acts as a partner in your child’s learning in English, Maths and the Sciences. We believe that we are part of a triangular alliance to ensure that your child reaches their full potential.
- Primary for Ages 3-11
- Year 6 SATS for ages 10-11
- Key Stage 3 for ages 11-14
- GCSE Preparation for ages 14-16
- ICT Program for ages 5-16
- One-to-One Tuition for ages 16-18
- 11+ Independent School Entrance Exam Programme for ages 3-13
- 11+ Grammar School Entrance Exam Programme for ages 8-11
- Oxbridge Application Program
- Holiday School for ages 3+
Harrow Branch: 167 Imperial Drive, Harrow. Tel: 020 8966 9900
Edgware Branch: Boundary House, 2 Turner Road, Edgware. Tel: 020 8951 6140
Wembley Branch: Madison House, 24-28 London Road, Wembley. Tel:020 8090 3390
Established since 1971; The Dyslexia Association is a registered charity providing support and services for dyslexic children of all ages and adults. We offer:
We can provide confidential information, advice and guidance about dyslexia and how to support dyslexic people, available for dyslexic people of all ages, their families/carers, educators, employers and the wider community.
We can provide a dyslexia screening service for children and teenagers aged 5 to 16+ to give a reliable indication of the extent to which a child may be at risk of being dyslexic.
Fully qualified dyslexia specialist teachers provide a full diagnostic assessment service for children and teenagers aged 6 to 16.
We provide individual tuition for children and teenagers. All tutors are qualified dyslexia specialist teachers.
Touch-Type Read and Spell (TTRS)
TTRS is a multi-sensory computer aided learning programme for people with reading, spelling or writing difficulties. TTRS is suitable for adults and for children from age 7
Assistive Technology Training & Workshops
We can help recommend the best hardware, software and handheld devices available to suit your individual needs.
Help and tuition for dyslexic children in: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire and neighbouring counties.
Bracknell Tutors have been established since 1989 offering expert one-to-one tutoring in basic skills; reading, writing and arithmetic covering English, Maths and Sciences up to GCSE and A-Level throughout Berkshire.
- Over 25 years, Full-time experience in coaching and developing courses
- Unique coaching material and methods for lasting skills and study techniques
- Superior track record, with Top marks in entrance exams and scholarships
- In-depth support, with educational counseling base on personality profiling
For more information on our great value packages, please contact us or visit our website:
Type IT! specialises in teaching children aged 8 – 18 years and adults to touch type. Touch typing frees the brain to be creative and speeds up the process of getting your ideas and thoughts into a document. It will help children and students to complete their homework and coursework in super-quick time.
“By learning to touch type, students can increase their writing speed between 2 and 5 times, making it a skill that will improve their productivity for school, college, university and the world of work. Learning at a young age is important before the bad habits creep in.” Wendy Petersen is the Course Director for Type IT!
- Lessons follow the National Literacy Strategy
- Boosts confidence and self esteem
- Fun motivational games
- Ideal for children with Dyslexia/Dyspraxia
- Small groups – max 4 students per class
- Holiday courses and family sessions
For further information see our website:
Specialist tutor providing structured Touch Typing tuition in and around the Maidenhead, Berkshire area.
I am a fully qualified SpLd tutor with over 12 years experience helping children and adults master literacy, reading and spelling whilst learning the vital skill of touch typing. I am a qualified ADD Coach providing coaching sessions for clients with ADD difficulties.
I teach all levels of students to touch-type from the age of 6 to adult. Students benefit from a calm, dedicated learning environment with close support to build confidence and skills working with structured computer programmes
- Small group teaching after school ( £18/hr)
- Small group holiday courses ( 5 days , 2hours a day)
Please contact me for further information.
Fire Tech Camp is a leading provider of computer tech holiday camps and term-time courses in the UK. They currently provide week-long day or half day camps during school holidays, weekend courses and one-off workshops, with camps in London, Manchester, Bristol and Brighton. New locations are being planned for 2015. There are courses available for all ages between 9 and 17.
Bringing together technology, innovation and creativity, Fire Tech Camp teaches children and teenagers the skills to build apps, games, robots, code and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Coding with Python or Java - Begin coding to create games and solve problems! There is also a more advanced course in Python for experienced coders.
- Video Game Design - Love video games? Build your own!
- Mobile App Design - Design, build and test an app to work on smartphones and tablets.
- Web Development in HTML / CSS - Create web pages the way the professionals do it!
- Python and Electronics with Minecraft - Use the endlessly creative platform of Minecraft to get to grips with coding and programming basics.
- World Building With Minecraft - Take your world to the next level with advanced mapping and 3D design techniques
- Robotics - Design, engineer and construct a robot with LEGO Mindstorms.
- Physical Computing with Arduino - Bringing together coding and Arduino hardware to construct cyber-physical systems.
- Rapid Prototyping with 3D Printing - Get your hands dirty with different materials and use computer-aided design to turn your ideas into products.
- Stop Motion and 2D Animation - Learn the principles of animation and apply them to the art of storytelling.
- 3D Animation - The complete package for the budding filmmaker, using Moviestorm to create your own videos..
- Digital Music Production - Use leading software to mix your own sounds and produce your own tracks.
Courses are led by expert trainers and are designed to inspire young people to take tech further and realise their own creativity. Parents are invited to share in their children's projects and activities at the end of the week-long camps.
Give your child the tools to build something amazing, make new friends and stretch their horizons!