Sports Xtra – www.sports-xtra.com Inspiring children through physical activity and sport
Sports Xtra is a leading children’s physical activity and sport franchise business with a fresh and innovative approach. We are passionate about inspiring children to be more active through creative non-traditional routes as well as established ones.
Our franchise partners work with hundreds of professional coaches delivering high quality provision through weekly classes, extra-curricular clubs, holiday camps and parties. We reach out to thousands of children aged 2-12 years every week through primary schools, wider organisations and independent venues. In particular, our products are delivered direct to families, which leads us to communicate with and directly support the needs of families with young children UK-wide.
An experienced, friendly network
With the support of over 50 years of combined coaching experience through our Head Office and product development teams, 70% of our territories have been operational for more than three years.
In 2015, the company merged with A-Star Sports, the award-winning multi-sports specialist, to bring together franchise partners across the UK in a friendly, supportive network.
An Xperience that makes a difference
A wide range of products, including ‘Xperiences’ – such as Spy, Detective and Adventure – and the A-Star Sports multi-sports programme, enables us to create unique strategies and partnerships that stand out in a competitive market. New products continue to be developed in line with exciting brand and sport partnerships and have already been highlighted through our relationships with, for example, Vertigo Films and Warner Bros.
A proven track record
The Sports Xtra opportunity fits extremely well with those motivated to build strong business relationships and who have the ambition to provide the best experience for children. Following initial training, our intensive mentoring programme ensures that franchise partners can positively kick-start their business and plan successful growth in the knowledge that we are proud to abide by the ethical principles of franchising and are members of the British Franchise Association.
“My mentor is always willing to offer knowledge and experience. When we were first introduced I was given tremendous amounts of advice to help with the start-up of my business… In one year, this contributed enormously to doubling my turnover and transforming my business...”
Nick Oakley – Franchise Partner, Braintree & Chelmsford Our franchise package
Sports Xtra franchise partners hit the ground running with:
- Full training programme – starting with six days at Head Office and continuing throughout the start-up period
- Comprehensive business and coaching manuals
- Equipment starter kit
- Marketing portal for promotional materials, adverts, clothing and merchandise
- Use of the Sports Xtra registered, trademarked brands
- Exclusive access to business operations, systems and processes
- Fully supported website and social media management
- Exclusive, defined territory – professionally researched and mapped throughout the UK in order to provide an equal opportunity for every franchise partner and offer the potential for sustainable business growth
Plus, ongoing strategic support and mentoring from an experienced network that provides the best springboard from which to develop your successful business. This includes:
- Regular mentoring contact, including business review, analysis, advice and guidance
- Highly experienced business and coach mentoring teams
- Assistance with the initial recruitment, training and deployment of coaches and apprentices
- Ongoing comprehensive, bespoke training programmes, including reference and training materials, and CPD guidance
- Award-winning brand recognition
- National marketing and research to ensure campaigns with the best return on investment
- Launch PR and ongoing media support
- National call centre and online booking system
- Fully optimised website with national and local SEO
- Engaging social media activity and support
- An expert advisory team, including ambassadors, to support business development
- Conference and events with a growing network of experienced and friendly franchise partners
The franchise fee is £12,500 + VAT.
What are we looking for?
We have successful franchise partners from a diverse range of backgrounds including sales, accounting, banking, IT, operations, project management, teaching, coaching and many more. Our franchise partners have the ability to establish and then build relationships with parents, wider family members, coaches and other education professionals. Your background is important, but less relevant to your potential success than your ability to follow our successful model to build these relationships, facilitate great activities for children, identify staff that you can develop and have lots of fun along the way!