Fresh air fun and friends. Outdoor and adventure activity camps and holiday programme for 7-14 year olds, based at Hestercombe House in Taunton.
Every school holiday we run a fantastic programme of exciting outdoor based activities for young people aged 7 to 14 years old. Based in the beautiful and safe grounds of Hestercombe in Taunton children can romp through our woods and enjoy a variety of outdoor adventures from climbing to forest skills to outdoor cookery. There are no computers or televisions – just lots of fun, friends and fresh air!
Our programme gives young people the chance to try new things they might not have experienced before. They will love the sheer exhilaration of crossing a lake on a raft they’ve made out of barrels and wood. Climbing to the top of our 8m high climbing wall brings an adrenalin rush to everyone, as does whizzing across the Quantocks on one of our mountain bikes. The thrill of getting wet and muddy always brings smiles to faces as does learning how to make a fire and toast marshmallows.
Here’s a snapshot of the activities included:
- Climbing Crazy – spend a day off the ground, scale the climbing wall, learn to abseil, climb trees
- Hotshot shooting – bows and arrows, boomerangs, paintball guns, catapaults
- Forest Skills - how to build shelter, light a fire, first aid skills
- Military Mission / Commando Day – target shooting and shelter building
- Wild Woodland Fun – rope swings, mud slides, water fights
- Adventure Challenge – climbing, slacklines, target shoots
- Wild Camping – popular overnight camping adventure
- Paintball – intro to all things paintball
So, don’t let the kids sit around during the school holidays… get them outdoors and active with 1610!